Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Break Home S-t-r-e-t-c-h

Tomorrow is Wednesday - that means 3 more work days before Bryan and I have Spring Break. It is so needed in our house right about now! I've been the biggest blog slacker lately - but other things were bigger priorities - sorry to all my faithful readers....if I have any. :)

We have had our bouts of the sickies...Evan with weird 1x-throw-ups-but-the-sleep-all-days, Bryan and I with the stomach issues and me with my ear drama. That all started about 3 weeks ago or so....I woke up and my ear was totally plugged and I couldn't hear and it was ringing. It wouldn't pop - and it didn't hurt. I went to my Dr. and he gave me a cortisone shot and a Z-pac...nothing. He then sent me to an ENT to check things out. That Dr. wanted an MRI, 20 day steroid series, anti-viral and an audio test. The audio test did show some hearing loss - so I wasn't totally crazy. The MRI showed not much - but he does want another MRI in 4-6 months "just to be sure". The drugs are possibly helping because the hearing has improved but now the dizziness has gotten a lot worse. So I have a round of blood work and a balance test to go through. I'm just hoping the drugs really start kicking in and it all goes away. Okay, enough about me.

Brennan is totally into taking showers. It's been so nice to just turn the water on and let him jump in and do his business and towel off when he's finished. He was getting too big and obnoxious to be taking baths with Evan anymore and it was just a mess in our bathroom when it was all over with. But it's been a little sad as it shows how independent he is and not such a little kid anymore. But, thank God for independence because he is doing so well with it. So the other day Brennan's showering away and he's singing in there - "I'm Singing in the Rain, just Singing in the Rain. What a glorious feeling, I'm singing in the rain." I looked at Bryan and said, "Is he singing the song 'Singing in the Rain'? How in the world does he know that song?" Well....it was discovered later that it's on the CD he listens to as he goes to bed..huh, who knew.

I have another cake picture for you....I did another Baptism cake for our friends the Boyse's. It turned out really nice and matched everything just right. I really have fun doing cakes....I just wish I had more time to do them. Sometimes I dream how fun it would be to have a cute, little bakery. I could make cookies, cupcakes, bars, brownies, pies, breads, and decorative cakes. I've even thought about how the bakery would look and the displays in the windows. And then I realize what a beating that would be and how tired I'd be all the time just to keep my "little" bakery open - and thank God that I can just do cakes when I want to and not have to keep my family afloat financially. So I guess, when I have a overabundance of wealth, I can open that bakery and it could be my little past time. Yeah, right?


I have another picture to leave you with:


This is what happened when I asked Brennan to help fold the laundry....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That cake is almost too beautiful to eat (almost!). I'm so jealous of your cake abilities!

I'll work at your bakery, as long as I can taste the batter every now and again! ; )