Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Plan that Backfired!

Okay, so I did something really stupid. I mean, really stupid. I took my annoyance of the dog out on the dog in a not very responsible way. It all started a few days ago- the dog was out of food. It was 8pm at night. My Mom was here - helping me with the boys. I was hopped up on steroids so I was cleaning, bathing, laundering, etc....and it hit me that the damn dog needed food. And I couldn't go the next day because, well, I couldn't. So I jumped in the car and headed to the Neighborhood Market. I wasn't looking to spend a fortune on freakin' dog food and the coupon I had actually grabbed before I left the house for $3.00 off a bag of food was for a brand that the Neighborhood Market didn't have. damn. So I grab the cheapest food....Kibbles in Bits. Barf. Well, it was only $8.00 for a giant bag as opposed to the $21.00 and since we are trying to eat out less, I figured Nelly could cut back on her food expenditures as well. Well, this frickin' food is cheap because it's like eating crackers and chips for dinner for dogs. It doesn't fill her up. Her normal 1 cup serving size for dinner doesn't last her until 7:30 before she's barking, like an idiot, at her food bowl. That ticks me off....you've been fed, be grateful and be quiet. So last night, there she was, barking at her food bowl. Like, if she barked enough the food would magically appear in her bowl. So in my irritation with her eating double the amount of less expensive food, therefore making it not less expensive, I, angrily, heaped 4 scoops of food in her dish. That's only 2 cups. Well, since she's a Beagle and her brain is located in her notrils and stomach - she ate most of it. Yes, she was feelin' the pain a little while later when she was so bloated that she couldn't go through the doggie door out to the back yard to do her business. I felt only slightly triumphant at my actions - but realized this wasn't looking good. She had to go out that night - at least 4 times. Thus, interrupting OUR sleep to let her pathetic butt outside. Then this morning, still bloated, I had to lock her in her kennel for the day (this is standard protocol) as we were gone at work. I had the foresight to remove the plush dog bed from the inside of the kennel, "just in case". AND it was a LONG day. We were gone from 8:30am until 7:00pm. Bryan had the joy of arriving home 1st with both boys in tow. The smell slapped him in the face as soon as the house was opened up. Poor dog had explosive diarrhea in her kennel that apparently sprayed out the kennel. He managed to move the kennel outside and sprayed the dog down with the hose and some puppy shampoo. He gets the floor cleaned up and lights a candle and opens a window....I'm sure cursing me and my hotheadedness the entire time. He manages the kids in the tub and not 2 seconds after getting Evan out of the tub - Evan pooped on the floor. Like really, how many shitty things can one man deal with in a single night. When I arrived home from church, Bryan greeted me at the garage door. He said to me, " if you ever do something like feed Nelly too much food because you're mad at her....I'm leaving you." So, I'm sorry, Bryan. I apologize, Nelly. My plan backfired, literally, out the dog's ass.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooops! Don't be too hard on yourself, you were TRYING to save money after all... ; )