Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bye, Bye, Spring Break

Spring Break is coming to a sad end. It has gone by entirely too quickly. Some highlights are as follows:

Day 1: Ft. Worth Zoo. Excellent trip with the boys on Saturday - we arrived early and left early as to avoid the crowds. The weather was wonderful too!















Day 2: Sleeping in. Yes, we skipped church...oops. Coloring easter eggs was a morning highlight with the boys.




Nan joined us for a most excellent St. Patrick's Day meal. We had corned beef and cabbage, Lucky Lime and Pineapple Jello Salad and Irish Brown Bread. Yumm-o! Oh, then Brennan got a fever.

Day 3: More fever for Brennan...and a throw up - one time....which he immediately wanted a grilled cheese sandwich after he did that. Weird. So it was a good thing we celebrated the luck o' the irish on Sunday. I cleaned the house all day. No fun!


Day 4: Rain, Rain, Rain. It poured all day. I had a 8:00 dentist appointment...no fun. But my teeth are in tip-top shape. I was quite annoyed that my normal hygenist, Dee wasn't there. I always appreciate her more when she's not there. There was a sub for her - Martha. She was nice but it just wasn't the same. And my teeth were sore when she was done. Ouch! We took the boys to get their Easter portraits made - I'll post later. Evan was in a crab-tastic mood. So not much smiling from him.


Day 5: Bryan and I headed to Gruene, TX - about 4 hours south of the metroplex. It was just the 2 of us...the boys hung with the Grandparents on Wednesday and Thursday. We stayed at a great little B & B called the
Gruene Homestead Inn. We were nestled in "Oma's Suite" in the old Farmhouse.

It was neat and pretty and farmhousy. The tub was a bit weird but you can't have ALL the comforts of home when you make reservations in a farmhouse...literally an old barn. Anyways, we visited downtown, took some pics, shopped, ate dinner at Huisache Grill in New Braunfels, and I had a "beer" at the Tavern on the Gruene. Yes, Gruene, TX is full of "gruene" word plays. Gruene beans, the gruene onion grill, the Gruene Apple B & B, etc.

Day 6: Yummy breakfast at the B& B....we then took the River Road up the Guadalupe to Canyon Lake.

It was pretty and we dreamed of planning a camp/toobing trip (mostly Bryan dreaming and me agreeing it would be fun for the boys) when the boys are older. We ate lunch at the Gruene River Grill with a very odd waitress that waited on our table. We then did a little more shopping and wandering around town...wishing the massage place had an opening for a couples massage - but they didn't. We then headed back to Oma's Suite and watched tv, read, took naps, basically did nothing - it was great. Bryan's bro, Craig, met us for dinner - he lives in Austin. So we ate at the Gristmill Restaurant. Everyone we told that we were going to Gruene said "oh, you have to eat at the Gristmill". And they were right - it was GOOOODDDD!!! We then walked to Gruene Hall to check out Emory Quinn playing.

It was a great band - no cover, spilled smirnoff ices (ask me later), and an enjoyable night. Oh yeah, Nan called and Evan had a fever.

Day 7: Heading home...pick up sick kid, pick up dog, Easter egg hunt at school for Brennan, dinner out at Campo Verde, pass out in my own bed.


Day 8: Brennan's very 1st T-ball game!!! Go Sand Gnats! He did great, he looked great and he felt great! It was so fun to see him out there.
I made dinner tonight - but the boys barely ate it...that's what I get for my efforts. But I did make my dishes for Easter Sunday - so I felt like I spent most of the day in the kitchen. As I type, the Easter Bunny is patiently waiting to come to our house. He is very tired and would rather go to bed - but some little person who lives in our house hasn't fallen asleep yet - making it nearly impossible for the Easter Bunny to get started on all his tasks.

Since that's as far as Spring Break has taken us - and now that you are caught up in a "day in the life" of me. I'll sign off! I hope if you had a Spring Break - it was a good one!

No comments: