Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year and whatever that means

So today is Leap Day. Do you see me jumping for joy? I guess I just don't get how it really effects me. I suppose it's exciting for those people that were actually born on this day and they can actually turn another year older after 4 years....but really what is the point? I see it as 1 more day to wait for a paycheck. And one more day to wait for it to turn to March. 1 more day to add to the year - and if your year isn't going that great, well, then this day isn't that exciting. I heard a lady in a doctor's office yesterday say to the nurses on her way out - "What are you going to do for Leap Day tomorrow?" They all just stared at her, like...go to work, that's what we normally do. So she says..."maybe you should wear your clothes backwards or something." The 1 lady said, "well, I am taking tomorrow afternoon off." Like that was her most exciting thing she could think of to get this lady to shut up. I wonder if SHE's going to wear her clothes backwards and walk around like that today. What an idiotic thing to do...it's just another day in February.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I posted about this today too. I think it's kinda cool that we get an extra day but I sure would hate for it to be my birthday.

Of course I am not all that fond of my birthday anyway these days... but that's another story! ; )