BUT>>>> I am doing something totally out of the box for me. If you haven't noticed to the right over there is a button. A button that says Breast Cancer 3 -day. If you click on that button you will notice that it will take you to a donation page where you can actually donate to my efforts. My efforts to raise as much money as I can for the 3 Day event. The 3 Day event that, yes, Jennifer, will be walking in. You heard me ( or read me), I will be walking for 60 miles over 3 days. Okay, now that you have picked your jaw up from off of your computer keyboard you can realize that this is actually happening.
Lindsey and Shannon have agreed to take this journey with me. We even started our own blog.
www.teamanewday.blogspot.com. We will update our progress our aches and pains and our triumphs as we begin to train and fundraise for this day. So, check it out.
We figured that 2009 was a new year and we have been talking about "new" changes in our lives and looking forward to that "new day". We are going to get healthier together, we are going to participate in something so incredible and bigger than us together and we are going to raise money together to help end breast cancer. For those of you that don't know - Bryan's Mom battled breast cancer 5 years ago. She did it...she survived...she saw her new day. She is an incredible woman and she has seen many life changes...and I want to do this, in part, to honor her with her courage and strength to keep going while she continues to face her new day.
1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with this disease this year. That is 1 too many. We each have been touched by cancer in some way. It is our way to honor those that have not survived and those that are continuing to fight.
I begin training Monday morning at 5:30am at boot camp. Okay, seriously, you are going to have to tape your jaw shut if you are going to keep reading this. First of all, I typically don't roll out of my cozy bed (my favorite place in my house) until I really really have to and that is around 6:30 or 6:45. But on Monday I'll be up at 5:00am with real workout clothes on, a bottle of water and a towel for sweat (ew...yuck) waiting for Lindsey to pull up to wisk me away for an hour of pain and torture. Or, at least that is what it will be the first few times. My body will HATE me for a while and then it will begin to love me again, hopefully.
So, if you feel so inclined to help along with my journey, you can click on that button to the right and send some monetary love my way. I will be walking for you.



No comments:
Post a Comment