Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bookaholic



Evan's latest thing has been to fall asleep with a couple of books.  By the end of the week his bed is piled with books that he has collected from each nights book ritual.  Tonight I put all the books away on his shelf while he was playing in the bath tub.  After bath, he politely went straight to bed once he was dressed and everyone had been hugged and kissed.  He looked at his bed and had this puzzled look on his face - like, "where the 'ell are all my books?"  He went straight to the bookshelf to grab a huge stack.  I told him that he could take two books to look at in bed.  He said "two, book, Mommy".  So, I assumed that he understood and nodded proudly at him.  We picked just the right two books out...he hopped in bed and he requests that we leave the lights on.  We usually shut the door and then come back after awhile to turn off the lights once he is fast asleep. 

I just went in there to check on him and turn out his light......this is what I found.


His idea of "two books" is a little different from mine.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He does have a mind of his own!!! I love the picture.
Mom

awwood2 said...

That is too precious! There is nothing better than a voracious reader. Hope he will always love books.

Anonymous said...

My kids do the same thing... it's so funny! I might find a few toys mixed in w/ the books also! He is so cute... I just love it!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, he's even sleeping in letters!! HA! Those are so cute too!

BTW, would you be at all interested in coming to the blogger meet up dinner I am co-hosting on Feb. 28th? Let me know...