Friday, August 22, 2008

Cake Pricing


A few posts back I asked for your opinions on what you would pay for a cake. Well, folks, here's the price that I was paid for making this cake:
$1.75 x 60 servings = $105.00
20% for fondant = $21.00
Grand Total = $126.00
Yes, she wrote me a check for $126.00!!!! Well, if you called any bakery and asked them to do a stacked cake for 60 people with fondant and customized to match an invitiation they would probably charge anywhere from $2.50-$4.00 a serving. So, technically she did get a steal of a deal. And once I deducted my cost for the ingredients and supplies, I actually made around $90. I'm guessing it cost probably $40 just to buy all the stuff. So, there you have it. Maybe I should start my own business!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should TOTALLY start a business! Every cake I have seen that you've done has been beautiful (and I am guessing tasty too!)