Friday, August 1, 2008

Randomness and more Randomness

I have a bunch of photos to share and opinions to get.

1. The boys were caught being cute outside this week. Yes, Evan does have on his pajamas with a pair of sandals...so what. I was just glad they were playing nicely together.
2. Brennan was learning how to cross his eyes this week....did he do it?3. Grandma and Gramps came over for dinner last week. We spotted a rainbow after a little shower here at the house. It was nice to see God smiling upon us. 4. Kitchen Update....Kitchen Update!!!! We finished all the painting! I still have some decorating to do (that means some shopping)! Here are only a few pictures - the plumber came yesterday to install the new sink and faucet. So, I'll post pictures of that part of the kitchen when I get it cleaned up.
5. Cake Order - I was asked to do a cake for a baby shower. This is the first "order" I've done for a cake for someone that wasn't a friend. She had come to another baby shower I did a cake for and now she was throwing a baby shower and asked if I could do the cake. She wanted it to go with the notecard she left me. She wasn't real specific in what she wanted besides fondant and dots and a vanilla cake to serve 60-65 people. Here's what I came up with....do you think it looks okay? I didn't stray too far from the original idea. HERE's the big question......what would you pay for a cake like that???? 12" round stacked with an 8" round, covered in fondant and designed to match your invitations. I charged per serving plus a percentage for fondant. Let me know what your thought are and then I'll share with you the price. 6. Waterpark - I took the kid's to the little city water/splash park the other day. Then I get home and see the TV reports about a little girl dying from a virus she got at a water park in our area. Geez. Okay, so it doesn't really prove we were at the waterpark since you can't see any water thingy and it's not the best picture of the boys. But it was all I managed to take a picture of that day.

So there you go. My randomness for the Friday the 1st of August.
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

When I made cakes, I always hated the pricing thing. Made me uncomfortable. I just loved making cakes. Now I wouldn't do it unless I was in a bakery and the icing was always made and things were "convienient". And, they never are, are they?

Anyway, you probably charged the right price, if you feel comfortable with it. Did the customer get upset? If not, then you know you charged the right price.

Can't wait to taste one of your lovely creations!

Unknown said...

The kitchen looks great!! I love the new colors and all the colorful dishes in that cabinet! So pretty! Great job you guys!

And that cake is darling. I need you to do one for me sometime. I would pay $50 - $75 for something like that. CUTE!

MsLeti said...

Ok...first cake...$50? I think going under that is way not enough. Love it...too cute. I am sure everyone loved it.

Love the boys pics..pj's or not..they are adorable.

Kitchen - really nice Jen! I want your kitchen!

A friend of mine and her family got that virus from their trip to Burgers Lake earlier this summer! Her son was still fighting it after about 4-5 weeks. Did the boys ever get sick?