Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Birthday Today

Today is my birthday! I think we are going to go to Six Flags and then to dinner with my fam at Humperdink's. I love birthdays!! Even though I can't believe that I'm 32 years old - whoa. I'm excited about my birthday present too - everyone chipped in and I'm getting a 30GB Video iPod....yippee!!!! I can't wait to program in all my stuff - for work and fun!


If you are offended by boobs - don't look at the first picture below. Even if you are offended, I don't care - it's my blog and it is still hysterical.....I was asked to do a "boobie" cake for someone who was getting a little augmentation done. I think they turned out pretty good for my first attempt at anything anatomical in cake form. I think I would do a few things differently - so my 2nd attempt would be even better - if anyone's interested. My friend, Jennifer, and I had to drive it to Dallas to deliver it and we stopped at a Starbuck's drive thru on the way. This cake was sitting on Jennifer's lap to keep it safe - well, the drive thru girl liked my work and wanted a picture on her camera phone. I was so excited about the attention for the cake and my yummy apple fritter and vanilla latte that I wasn't paying attention and jumped the drive-thru curb as we were pulling away. I'm sure I made quite an impression as we were pulling out. Luckily there was no damage to the boobs - real or in cake form and we made it to Dallas for the drop off. And thank GOD Brennan did not ask any questions as to what this cake was!!! The ice cream truck drove through our neighborhood again last night. Brennan wanted the Spiderman one and so the swim suit and hose rinse off was the way to handle this summer treat.
After the boob drop off in Dallas, we went to the Dallas Aquarium at Fair Park. Brennan was most impressed by the black tip sharks swimming in a big tank. I was sad for the aquarium. It is so old and most of the tanks were empty or being "refurbished". It's not very big either - but Brennan is still talking about the sharks and some of the other things he saw so I guess it was worth it to go.
We then headed to the Science Place and Children's museum at Fair Park. Brennan and Audrey got dressed up in the Mexican Cantina play area thing. Again, this museum was a little disappointing. Most of the stuff was being redone or fixed so there wasn't a whole lot to do. Brennan loved the pretend farm area and Audrey wanted to cook Brennan some food in the Cantina. Hopefully it will be fixed up and worth another trip out there soon.

Have a happy day and breast wishes to you!

1 comment:

Ed said...

Happy birthday, Jen! Love the cake BTW.

And congrats on the video iPod - I love mine!