Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Time

Here it is...the first day of summer vacation. I'm home with the boys, just us, doing our thing. The panic sets in that I actually have to be responsible to keep them occupied this summer or our whole world is going down. That's a lot of pressure. Yes, there is something to be said for having nothing to do and believe me I do like the sound of that. But that can only last so long with a 5 year old and a 2 year old stuck at home. And even if we did just stay home - you still have to have a plan for the day. Again, the pressure!!! Lucky for us we live in Arlington, TX and there is so much to do I can't even fit it all in. Whew!

We have our passes to Six Flags, plans to go to Hawaiian Falls or Hurricane Harbor, Summer Reading Program at the library, the Zoo, Vacation Bible School, Camp Carter, Little Gym classes, piano lessons, and the road trip North to Chicago/Kalamazoo. Oh, and all the swimming we'll do too! We have plenty to keep us occupied if we so desire.

Today started us off slow...I did get up and do a Wii Fit workout before 6:15 (ha! easy enough), breakfast for the boys and myself, managed a shower inbetween the mini-arguments and disagreements, and we were off to the Library. We happened upon Mr. Bob's storytime! Lucky us! AND it was a special storytime too - the CATS school was there to give a little taste of their production of Go Dog Go! It was great! A bit odd - just like the book but the kids were totally loving it. Brennan recognized some of the stuff from the book - and did ask if we could go see the whole thing at CATS. Another thing to add to our list of things to do...

Evan, of course, jumped right in when they asked for some of the kids to pose with the cast. Those kids in weird outfits were dressed up as the "dogs" in the show.

We made it home in time for lunch at the picnic table. I even made Kool-aid - what's summer without some Kool-aid?!?!?

They are now napping - joy! So I actually can sit here and update my blog. I have a list of things I want to post about - just haven't had time to do it! Yea, summer!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oddly, I know the person who directed "Go Dog, Go" and she and her daughter are in your picture! How odd that those two worlds just collided.