So, the day has come.
We no longer have a baby in the house.
Evan is sound asleep, right now, in his big boy bed.
I'm a little shocked he even fell for it. And with NO protesting at all.
See, we are having a big family garage sale in 2 weeks and I knew I wanted to try and sell all the baby things. Our house seems to get smaller and smaller by the day and I figured we could make room for Christmas if all the baby stuff was cleared out of here. So, tonight Bryan pulled the bed out of the attic and we set it up. I had bought a new set of sheets and quilt last week at Target (on sale, of course!).
Evan had stayed home today with me....he was up the night before coughing and he ran a slight fever all day (probably from our horrible parenting decision to go camping when it was 44 degrees the night before). Anyways, I was questioning whether or not he would really fall for a new bed tonight of all nights.
He did...no problems. He chose a toy, 2 books, had his Elmo, blankie (or baby as he calls it) and pillow. We kissed him goodnight and closed the door.
Not
a
peep.
He fell right asleep. I just can't believe it.
No more baby in our house. 



2 comments:
Oh you are a lucky woman. I hope he continues to be that easy! : )
I love the Elmo and Evan will always be your baby.
Post a Comment