Here's a shot of the bird before it met it's fate in the fryer.John had every safety precaution in place for this event. No frying accidents this year.
Evan and I kept our distance behind the gate, too!
And here is my glorious meal - it consisted of homemade Parker House Rolls (by me), squash, carrots, ham, sausage stuffing, fried turkey, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy and the sidecar plate had cranberry pineapple jello (by me) and another roll. I did go back for a few seconds...but still saved room for the pumpkin pie, pecan pie, cookies, brownie bites and cheesecake. YUMMO!
The Christmas season is in full swing with all it's festive events. Say a prayer that we all make it through whatever is on our calendar this month and that we have the strength to say no when we just can't do it. I wish everyone good luck and a Happy Holidays!



3 comments:
Wow, that looks delish! Glad y'all had a good Thanksgiving!
I love the family pic in your Cowboys jerseys. Looks like you had a great dinner, too!
It was a good day!
Post a Comment