Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Our Graduate
On the one hand, it seems kind of silly to have a graduation ceremony for a little boy leaving Pre-Kindergarten, but on the other hand it is quite symbolic. Brennan is officially starting Kindergarten in the fall, the beginning of his years in education. This ceremony marked the end of "pre"school years. Now, granted the kid has been in "school" since he was 3 months old...and yes, we prefer to call it school rather than daycare. And he has learned so much already it just astounds me. But this is the beginning of him really growing up. I have to admit I did tear up a bit at the ceremony. He looked so handsome and grown up walking down the aisle to Pomp and Circumstance. He was sooo nervous too - he didn't want to go up on stage. He pulled it together and did a great job, walking up when his name was called and shook his teacher's hand and then posed while we took pictures. He stood there so niceless and I was thinking how fast time would fly until we were at his high school graduation, wondering where the time went. But then I watched as he started goofing with the kid standing next to him as they used their "diplomas" as spyglasses and swords. I was reminded that he isn't all that grown up yet and I still had some time with him before he didn't think I was cool anymore. Thank God! Congratulation Brennan! We love you and we are proud of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow, he looks so sharp! You will have to compare this one to the "real thing" years from now. Congrats Brennan!
Congratulations, Brennan! What a handsome young man you are becoming! Good luck on the rest of your school years (there's a million of them!)
Jen, thanks for the pics of the products!
Post a Comment