A new decade is here.
I know, I know, real profound.
I can't believe another year has come and gone. And twenty ten sounds so futuristic, doesn't it?
2009 was a year full of changes and firsts. In many ways, I think I'm still processing through a lot of it and realized that it's time to move on and get started on this year's to do list. We are so fortunate to have this wonderful new house that we are so glad to be in. I have driven by the old house a few times and think about all the wonderful memories we had in our first house. And there are certain things that I miss about it. But, in general, this move has been wonderful! I'm finally ready to commit to hanging things on the wall and started that process yesterday. The boys are happy here and so are we. There is so much we want to do that it's hard to put the reins on the projects, at times, but I know it will all happen in due time.
I haven't necessarily picked any New Year's Resolutions. I never seemed to really stick to those. But, I do have goals to better myself and my life as this new year begins. Isn't that everyone's goal, I mean, who wants to worsen themselves? Ha!
I need to develop some new patterns and routines and get back into blogging. I've had so much to say that I think it's been too overwhelming to find the time to get it all on here. Okay, maybe that's just a stupid excuse for my laziness, but I'm going with it.
It's Sunday morning, at 4am and I'm wide awake. Thinking. Thinking about how this is the last day of our Christmas break and how it was a pretty good one. Christmas was excellent and we are so blessed with such wonderful family and friends. And how fortunate I am to have a job to go back to. Mom hosted an excellent New Year's Day dinner and a new tradition was started. We all planned Bingo for prizes after dinner. Prizes consisted of various forms of chocolate, chocolate bars, M&Ms, etc and $1 and $2 lottery tickets. The grand prize for the final round was a $10 scratch-off. Brennan just so happened to win and that kid got $500!!!!! Such an exciting moment! Poor thing doesn't really have a concept as to what $500 really is but it sure was fun. Most of it is going in the we-hope-to-go-to-DisneyWorld-before-the-boys-graduate-from-highschool-fund.
Happy New Year!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment