Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Birthday Bash

Last Saturday was the big birthday party for the boys. We had talked Brennan into having a Halloween party this year. Originally, his plan was for a "dragon" party but I wasn't exactly sure how to pull that one off. So, I convinced him Halloween was a better idea when I showed him a picture of what the cake could be. He did agree. We had it a few weeks after their real birthday in hopes that the weather would be a bit cooler so all the kids could wear their costumes. It was cooler - but still did get warm...but I think everyone had a fun time. We enjoyed coming up with the ideas and decorations for the party too! I have tried to post this blogpost several times but the pictures upload would freeze it up. So I'm hoping my slide show will work and you can see the festivities that way.



We had so much fun at this party! There was a pumpkin patch, pumpkin ring toss, hayrides, paint the pumpkin and graveyard pinata. Bryan told a spooky story with touchy, feely boxes full of eyeballs, Egor's ears, witches' fingers, bat wings, and monster guts. For food we had snake eggs (grapes), mummy fingers (hotdogs in crescent rolls), fried grubs (chicken nuggets) and beetle wings (chips). The cake turned out great with help from my two partners in cake crime - Lindsey and Shannon.

Happy Birthday Brennan and Evan - I hope you had a fun time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Y'all are the "funnest" parents ever! Forget the kids, how do I get myself invited to these awesome parties!? ; )