Please ignore all the junk and focus in on the cabinets, walls and doors.
I'm thinking the new shelf will be black. I'd like for the walls not to be white - a brownish color is what I had in mind - nutmeg not chocolate. I'd like to paint the rustic pine pieces in black - but hubby isn't going for it.
The doors and cabinets would be the same - but in a shade of beige - navaho white????
We just aren't sure if the brown would be too dark and the cabinets too light. The curtain will go....do I replace it with something with black in it???
The funky light fixture over the island is a problem. There are two florescent light fixtures...one has never worked and I think the other one is starting to die. There are plastic panels that go over that big space....the ones that were there were yellowed so we bought some new panels today but they are too small and will not fit. Any ideas???? Oh, and the dorky spotlight will go and be an eyeball recessed light in it's place.
I want to do all new pulls and knobs. I will do cup pulls on the drawers and knobs on the cabinets - in black. The next question is about the hinges....do I spray paint them black or fork over the $160 for all new ones?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
First off, DON'T paint the hinges, just get the new ones. Take if from me, the paint will not last and it would be a pain in the "you-know-where" anyway.
I would ask them about the lighting issue at H.D. or Lowe's. Maybe some recessed lighting?
I think a light brown color would be nice but not too dark, like you said.
I love kitchen redo's. Sorry if I gave TOO much advice! : )
Well, personally, compared to my orange countertops and avacado green flooring your kitchen is beautiful and I would live in it if you let me. OK, I don't want to live in your kitchen, but, you can send all those lovely cabinets over here.
After our smoke problem/oven element breakage, our kitchen is useless right now and anything would be an improvement.
I am still thinking a whole kitchen redo is in order over here since we're having problems finding a new oven element. Hmmmmm...
Post a Comment