First off, I want to say how thankful I am for my wonderful family. I am truly blessed to have two beautiful children and a loving husband.
Having said those touching words let me describe for you the last 24hours: Bryan has been sick. I mean sick, for over a week. With stomach cramps that have been painful and cause him to want to sleep and not do much of anything else. I have felt bad for him, truly. But how long can you have stomach cramps? So, he finally got into the doctor on Tuesday....he didn't know what it was but gave him some medicine to help with the cramps. Well, it didn't really help....so yesterday I'm practically begging him to go to the hospital so they could determine what in the ding dong was wrong with him. Anyways, the on-call doctor called in a scrip for him for antibiotics....which don't most of the time the #1 side effect for antibiotics are stomach cramps and diarrhea??? Just didn't seem logical but hey, I didn't go to medical school.
Okay, so having given the background of the past couple days with Bryan's situation: yesterday I baked and cooked. I baked pies - and well, several more than I had planned because I burned some not paying attention. I cooked - well, pre-cooked meals to freeze so that I didn't have to cook during the week when I work. I went out to dinner since then I didn't feel like cooking at dinner time - kind of defeats the purpose - but so what. Bryan stayed home - the cramps. I noticed at Bennigan's that Evan wasn't looking so good. I get home with the kids and Evan has a fever - 103.6 to be exact. Once I get Brennan plugged in to a movie, Evan a bottle and a prescription picked up from Walgreens, I start on the last attempt at the pie. Well, needless to say, Evan starts crying at 10:30 once the Tylenol wears off - I guess stomach cramps impairs your hearing too. So, Evan and I spent the night on Brennan's bottom bunk - and Brennan got moved to the top bunk. This morning things were improving and we were on our way to starting out to a great Thanksgiving. The children desperately needed baths - well, Brennan slams his thumb in the toilet seat before he got in the tub. It was bleeding but you'd have thought he had lost his digit by the way he was acting - screaming, yelling, crying, caring on like nobody's business. Get him out of the tub and we are trying to deal with him - Evan is out of the tub but walking around naked at this point - we go back in the bathroom and there is Evan standing in a pile of poop on the bathroom rug that he had deposited there. So back in the tub for him - with more screaming. But at least this distracted Brennan from his overreaction to his problem. The parade is now on....hopefully this means that things will start going the right way today.
May God Bless you and yours on this Thanksgiving Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment