Evan got his own little octopus cake that was just his to destroy and devour...which he did very well. He ate most of it - or at least until I pulled it away. He was so happy and loved it.
The original thought was to have most of the party outside - even the eating....but with the threat of rain at any moment we changed to setting everything up inside. Luckily our kitchen could accomodate the 8' kid's banquet table I rented. I would definitely recommend this idea to anyone!!! It worked out great - all the kids sat in one spot and that meant that all the mess was in one spot - roll up the tablecloth and the mess is gone. I think they all got a kick out of sitting all together too.
We had a blast planning all the games and activities. Brennan helped with the planning and preparation for many of the things. We hunted for treasure chests with each kid having their own special treasure map. We then played games to earn "booty" for the treasure chests. We played pin the key on the treasure map, walk the plank, limbo and find the rubber duck. After the games we moved inside for story time - Bryan read Pirate Pete while we set the plates with the food. I had pirate pizza and "bones" (crazy bread) for them to eat.
Most of the kids came dressed in pirate attire and if they didn't we had bandanas and eye patches for everyone. Everyone even got their own special pirate name that I found online. I think most of the adults had fun too! It was a great party and Brennan keeps asking if it's going to happen again. BTW, thanks for all those that helped that day - I totally couldn't have done it without you!Happy 4th Birthday, Brennan! I love you!!!!



1 comment:
Oh my God, Jen, that is the coolest thing ever! Wow!
Post a Comment