Sunday, February 25, 2007

poot poot

So it was 6:20 this morning and Brennan comes into our room..."Mommy, I want to snuggle because it says it's 6." Well, we had told him he couldn't come into our room unless the first number on his clock at least said 6. I guess now he thinks he has to snuggle if it says 6...we'll have to have a chat about that. ANYWAYS, I told him he needed to go potty first. So he did and came running back in our room, up in the bed, between us and covers up over him. He was being very quiet and laying there really nicely. So, I'm drifting back to sleep when I hear "excuse me". Another minute or so...another "excuse me". Then the next time I hear a quiet toot from under the covers...."excuse me". He was being awfully polite. "Brennan, do you need to go to the bathroom?", I said. "No, I don't".....toot, "excuse me." Then he says...."My tummy hurts." "Brennan, that's because you need to go poo poos." "Okay, I'll go". So he hops out of bed and spends some quality time in the bathroom. Apparently he had eaten a large dinner at Nan and Grandy's the night before. Then we hear from the bathroom..."I'm finished!" So, I kicked Bryan out of bed to go help Brennan with the wiping duty. Bryan plugged him in to some early morning Noggin programming so we could fall back asleep for 30 more minutes. I love Sunday mornings!!

No comments: