I actually remembered to use those darn reuseable grocery bags when I went to the grocery store today. I felt a little bit "earthy" and like I was doing my part to keep the sea of plastic down in the ocean. Granted, they were a pain in the butt for the check-out girl who had to try and balance them on her oh-so-small-bagging-area, but "too bad, honey. I'm saving the Earth!" I also plan on ordering some reusable sandwich bags as soon as I remember to do that too.
Go Planet Earth!



3 comments:
Good for you, Jennifer!!!
I have them in the car and forget to take them in or I have them in the cart and forget to give them to the bagger. I do feel good when I do remember. Earthy is the word!
Well done!
I use them, too, but sadly I too often go to the grocery store on my way home from work. So I go directly from the subway to the store, and there's no opportunity to use one unless I plan so far ahead as to take it with me in the morning.
So we still have plastic bags about, and one thing that bugs me is you can't put them in the curbside recycling bin for some unholy reason. And I always forget to take them back to the store with me...
sigh.
Yay for you! It won't take too long to get in the habit. I use mine all the time now. Wonder what they're going to think of me down in Louisiana when I pull them out! ; )
Post a Comment