Monday, June 30, 2008

June, June oh Where Did You Go!

Lazy, lazy me....I've finally sat down to update my internet journal with my life in June. I'll blame my time wasted on the internet on Facebook....now, that's a whole other post.

June...here we go.
June 6th - I turned 33. Yikes. I have to say that this is the first birthday I've actually noticed that I "feel" older than the year before. Maybe I'm more tired, fatter, lazier or could it be the first summer I've noticed vericous veins on my legs - oh, God, where are my capri pants! Seriously, I have to wear a swim suit....you have to be kidding. Or could it have been that I had a sinus infection or cold or allergy snafu or whatever - I didn't feel well. Again.

BUT, this is the year I got two cakes on one day! See...my Mom had invited the whole fam damily over for my birthday at their house and when Bryan offered if he could bring anything my Mom laughingly replied..."sure, the cake." That week of my birthday my Mom watched the boys everyday - Grandma Camp 2008 we called it. And Mommy's birthday was the theme...they shopped for ingredients for the cake, baked the cake, decorated the cake, etc. I knew this was all happening. The night before the party - I was in bed with a fever and feeling crappy. Bryan comes in at 10:15 to say he was going to the grocery store to get butter and wondered if I needed anything. "Butter?!?!?!? What the hell do you need butter for at 10:15", I say from my half awake state. "For your birthday cake I'm baking for your party tomorrow", he replied. Oh geez.... I felt horrible and my Mom felt bad - But, boy they were both delicious! Here is Bryan's creation.....homemade frosting too!


Here is Brennan's creation:And here is me opening some gifts:
The next week we were off to San Antonio for a little family vaca time.

We visited the River....

And rode the boat....doesn't Evan look happy to be on a cramped, hot boat with nowhere to go? And I'm sure that lady next to me was glad we got on the same boat as her...We got to feed dolphins at Sea World.


Look at sharks, fish, and coral reefs.


Eat ice cream when we wanted too and because we were hot. BTW, check out that lady behind Brennan...what in the world would posess you to wear jeans at Sea World in San Antonio when it's 99 degrees - oh, it must be that vericous vein thing I mentioned earlier.

We had fun in our hotel room.We rode ridiculous rides wearing our matching tie dye shirts.
Sea World was fun....Fiesta Texas was fun....being together was fun.

2 comments:

MsLeti said...

Looks like so much fun....that month of June. The camp out is a great idea..but going out in the wilderness is quite an experience. LOL

Unknown said...

Happy (way belated!) Birthday. Those cakes looks SO yum! Way to go Bryan!

Love your tie-died t-shirts!