
I am totally obsessed. I literally don't know what my problem is. My friend, Shannon, introduced me to this cookbook....I borrowed it for a while from her and then I had to buy her a new one because I had splattered whatever all over it while I was cooking from it. I am obsessed with this cookbook. It is greatness. I think I'm on a mission to cook everything in this book. I have cooked a bunch already so I might as well make it my mission at this point.
I was so sick of eating frozen pizzas, spaghetti, macaroni n cheese, hamburger helper, and generally, crap that was fast to cook but not that nutritionally based. After working all day - entertaining the kids when I got home and then facing the task of fixing dinner - I just had given up. So typical, right moms? Well, the point of this book is to pre-fix your meals and then freeze them so all you have to do is pop them in your oven and they are done. I usually will cook 2 or 3 meals at a time and then portion them up and freeze them. It's been great ---- it's supposed to be saving me time. But now that it has turned into an obsession - it seems to be taking up more of my time lately. I cooked 3 meals tonight from the book - 1 we ate tonight and 2 that I'm saving for another night. Granted my nerves are shot and every cupboard with every crappy plastic container with random lids are all over the kitchen because there was no other way to keep Evan occupied while I cooked. But dinner is done for the week. Yippee!!!! My point being, that I suggest the book and you don't have to get it at Super Suppers - amazon.com or even scholastic books sells it. I wish I was getting a plug for advertising it.
I've heard of people that cook every recipe from beginning to end out of a cookbook....I think Julia Child's cookbook was one of those or Martha Stewart's book. I had a dream once to cook every recipe from the Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook, which Bryan got for Christmas for me one year. I have cooked many things from there....that part is true, but once I read in the bread section and saw all the kneading and rising time - and the fact that all those baked goods does not do a body good, well, the dream quickly died. Maybe once I finish my Super Suppers book obsession I can start back on the Martha Stewart obsession.



No comments:
Post a Comment